INDIAN PREMIER LEAGUE 2019: A CARNIVAL OF CRICKET
IPL countdown begun for 2019. With the IPL 2019 the 12th edition of the event, it has once again promised to excite the cricket fans like never before. This tournament will be played by 8 teams this year. The first match will be played between defending champion Chennai Super Kings with Royal Challengers Bangalore on 23rd March in Chennai. This time IPL comes back with theme #GameBanayegaName!. In this theme, they want to motivate game spirit of new players. Every time IPL begins with an opening ceremony but this time IPL 2019 did not conduct the opening ceremony in respect of Shahid Jawans in Pulwama Attack and decide to donate ceremony amount to relatives of Shahid Jawans as said by COA chief Vinod Rai.
Amazing Facts And Records Of IPL
- The lowest score in IPL is 49 runs scored by Royal Challengers Banglore.
- The highest score in IPL is 265 runs also scored by Royal Challengers Banglore.
- The most expensive player in IPL is Ben Strokes from England with the price of ₹12.5 Crore.
- Manish Pandey and KL Rahul is the most expensive player from India with a price of 11 Crore.
- Delhi Daredevils is the only team in IPl that had never played in the IPL final.
- 973 Runs is the Highest score scored by Virat Kohli.
- Sachin Tendulkar And Virat Kohli are two players who have won the title of Most Valued player in IPL.
- Yusuf Pathan has the record of fastest 50 and Chris Gayle has the record of fastest 100 in IPL.
- Chennai Super Kings is the only team that had never change their captain.
- Prayas Ray Barman (16) is the youngest player to play in IPL.
Awards Of IPL
The orange cap is an annual cricket award presented to the leading run scorer in Indian Premier League. Brendon McCullum becomes the first player to wear the orange cap. Shaun Marsh became the first winner of the award. Sachin Tendulkar first Indian cricketer to win an orange cap. Chris Gayle And David Warner won orange cap twice in the history of IPL.
The purple cap is an annual cricket award presented to leading wicket-taker in IPL. Sohail Tanvir becomes the first purple cap holder in IPL. Bhuvneshwar Kumar won a purple cap twice in the history of IPL.
Maximum sixes awards presented to the batsman who hits maximum hits in IPL.Sanath Jayasuriya becomes the first winner of this award. Chris Gayle is the only player who won this award four times in the history of IPL.
Most Valuable Player
This award was called the “man of the tournament” till 2012 season.IPL introduced the most valuable player rating in the year of 2013. Shane Watson is the first player to win this title. Shane Watson won this title twice in the history of IPL.
Emerging Player Of The Year
The award was presented for the “best under – 19 players” in 2008 and “best under 23 players” in 2009. Since 2014 the award has been called the Emerging player of the year. Shreevats Goswami becomes the first winner of this award. Indian players won this title 9 times in the history of IPL.
Fair Play Award
Fair play award is given after each season to the team with the best records of Fair Play. The winner is decided on the basis of the points the umpires give to the teams. Chennai Super Kings won first and maximum times in the history of IPL.
We are all looking forward to an exciting season of cricketing and entertainment with the IPL SEASON 12 in full swing. Kritarth Handicrafts wishes all the best to every team this IPL play a gentle and kind game this season also and entertain India as well as the whole world in the season of 2019.